While we have a list of names for both genders, to date, Bear and I have not been able to decide/agree on a name for a boy. Over the course of the past months the name that we had picked for a girl has changed slightly. To add to the very fascinating polls running on the side here, thought that would be fun to get some ideas regarding boys names.
Now, our requirements are:
1) both first and middle name to be a name from the Bible
2) the character of the person named is one to aspire to. For example, in the Bible Abigail and Ruth were both great women in the Bible, and the same applies for all the other names that we have picked for our children. So, a name such as Cain is just not something that we are going to like as he was not someone that has a good report in the Bible
3) a lot of you like to pick out crazy long names for us (Methuselah and such) or names that are hard to pronounce - leave those for jokes, this time want serious suggestions!
And last requirement, when you post your name idea (as a comment), please do not mention our surname. Thanks!
Looking forward to your ideas!
9 comments:
David Jonathan
I loved selecting names for our children - we spent ages deciding on Caius - didn't want one that would result in teasing at school or be shortened to something I don't like but had to be unusual and old.
I love Elizabeth and Sara for a girl and Elijah or Gabriel for a boy.
Isaac Nathan & Noah Josiah
A favorite of mine... we had considered names for Keegan but when he was born he just wasn't an Isaac or a Nathan. I've always adored the name Noah.
As for a girls:
Rebekah Joy & Mary Elisabeth
Gideon, Abraham, Joseph, Peter, Paul, Andrew, John, Moses - there that's a good selection! Could you get any of them to work?
Bets
what about Matthew John?
Or Mark Luke :)
Some of my favorite boy names are Josiah (of course :)), Andrew, Daniel, Obadiah, Jonathan, Jeremiah
As for girl names... an unusual girl name from the Bible is Jemima. I like it and we called Zanna that before she was born (we always give the children nicknames that we use since we like to keep the name a secret), but over here Aunt Jemima pancakes and syrup are a big thing, so people think of that name as more of a joke. But I think it's pretty... that's my opinion anyways. :)
Deborah is another girl name idea.
If you want themes, then Timothy Josiah would be a man who followed the Lord from his youth; Timothy Joshua or Paul Caleb would be a soldier for the Lord; David Paul or Paul David would be a man chosen by God for a special purpose; Mark Clement or Luke Clement would be labourers for the Lord; Joseph Stephen a witness for the Lord. Think I've come to the end of my ideas.
Love
Rossie
You have a new blog! I finally got it! Oups, I feel late in getting here. I'll add it to my feed now and will be able to keep up! :)
Names, I'm not much help! I like the name Phineas. In the Bible, he was one who stood up against injustice and sin. I obviously like Josiah (it's Korban's middle name too), and love how he served God from such a tender, early age and didn't leave his faith. Mmm, that's it for now. Can't think of any more! I have nooooo idea of any name possibilities if we ever had another boy!!! Korban was an easy pick since Josiah had picked it before we even met. Korban is in the Bible (spelled Corbin), but not as a name. It means "set apart for God", it was a Hebrew word.
Post a Comment