Last week I tried out this new soup recipe. Everyone really enjoyed it and had another serve. I made it again yesterday while Dad and Bear's dad were here for lunch. Once again all enjoyed this soup.
Broccoli and cauliflower soup (adapted by Kath)
2 medium carrots, peeled, chopped
1 celery stalk, trimmed, chopped
1/2 cup green split peas
500g frozen broccoli and cauliflower florets
1 litre chicken stock
250g sweet potato (kumara), chopped
1/2 cup cream
toasted crusty bread to serve
1. Place carrot, celery, split peas, broccoli and cauliflower mix, stock and 2 cups of cold water into a large saucepan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes. Remove cover. Add sweet potato. Simmer for 30 minutes or until peas are tender.
2. Remove from heat. Stand for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Process, in batches, until smooth. Return to the pan over low heat. Stir in cream. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with toasted bread.
6 comments:
What colour was the soup - my family has a thing about soups that are green?!
Sounds delicious!! Thanks for sharing it! :)
sounds interesting... might have to give it a go sometime :)
Hey thanks for the comment on the pies! I will try to post the recipes sometime, but I use cream pie filling, like you would use to make a big cream pie, and they are Betty Crocker recipes! =)
Ohhhh this does sound yummy indeed!
Sounds like perfect meal on a winter day :D
Talia
Hi Kath,
You left a comment on my blog a few weeks ago and I am ashamed to say it has taken me this long to do something about it. I did come and visit your blog afterward but I don't think I left a comment. Anyway, nice to meet you. Thank you for leaving an encouraging comment on my blog. It's a always so exciting when I see I have a comment from someone I don't know.
It's funny that your youngest daughter was born the day before my youngest brother. Your other children look like they are really enjoying have her around. Babies are so sweet and precious.
Do you know Danielle Carey or do you just read her blog? My family met the Carey's a number of years ago and now my sisters and I correspond with the girls. I haven't seen them for about 3 1/2 years.
Anyway, thank you again for the comment. I would be happy to email if you wanted to. Have a great day.
Love,
Bethany
Post a Comment